The Friday Falcon
Super Heroes in Training
Greetings Kingfisher Community!!
What a great week! This week, we:
- Continued our discussion on Cause and Effect and how understanding it’s relationship can help in problem solving
- We discussed the differences between denotation and conotation
- Students were given a debate question to research and was asked to take both for and against position on topic
- Character Traits
- Context Clues
- Drawing conclusions from visual details
- Students also used their knowledge of text evidence and drawing inferences to complete an assignment in which they had to read an article and come up with a heading from their reading.
- Students participated in an in class activity called DON’T SAY UMM!! In which an impromptu, 30 second speech was given on a topic.
21st Century Skills Learned through this project: Critical thinking, creativity
- We are continuing our review of multiplication, division, and decimals
- Students were introduced to Polynomials as well. Ex. X + 2x^2 – 3x^3 = given the values of x
This week’s SAT Words
None this week