The Oaks will be leaving the Explorer theme behind and beginning a fun new theme of Holiday Traditions. We’ll talk about and experience lots of traditions over the next few weeks and we’ll explore the history of the traditions–what country are they from? Who still carries on these traditions? We’ll look closely at Kwanzaa, as well–talking about when it was introduced and why. We’ll look at Hanukkah and at Christmas, figuring out what the presents are about and talking about the past holiday present-giving rules. Hopefully, we’ll have a significant amount of art to do and many decorations will be part of the study.
- Door Letter for Week #3DOOR LETTER DOOR LETTER DOOR LETTER DOOR […]
- DeKalb Kids Need Library CardsThese cards are free and a great source of reading for […]
- Will it Ever Be Fall? Door Letter #2DOOR LETTER DOOR LETTER DOOR LETTER DOOR LETTER […]
- Labor Day–School ClosedRemember that we are closed on Labor Day! A three-day […]
- NatsukashiiNatsukashii–a Japanese word with a complex […]
Nothing from September 15, 2019 to September 22, 2019.