The Oaks are moving rapidly this year–we’ve finished reading Sam the Man and the Chicken Plan. We are beginning a more advanced book: Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary and although the writing is a bit harder, it is funny and everyone is enjoying it. In reading, we are moving away from sounding things out for most kids and are examining “what makes sense?” in that sentence. Phonics haven’t disappeared, but it is time for us to move into reading to learn. We are also delving into place value in a deeper fashion–beginning to understand why the processes we are using to do re-grouping and eventually multiplication work–you have to borrow a ten to subtract, sometimes. In Science, we are moving into a bird unit theme with specific science objectives and are finishing up a social studies theme on early Native Americans. We begin thinking about cursive handwriting this month, along with doing some keyboarding. We want writing to stay fun, so, learning new techniques keep things fresh. The Oaks have a book report due on Monday, the 9th and they have a form to fill out to help them order their thoughts. This month is also full of fun–bike day on the 13th and the Halloween parade on the 31st. October is always a full and exciting month at Kingfisher.
- Office Hours for Summer 2019The Office is open for inquiries on Mondays and […]
- Now Hiring Teachers for FallI am ready to hire full-time teachers for the fall. […]
- Door Letter for the Week of Feb. 11 to 15DOOR LETTER DOOR LETTER DOOR LETTER DOOR […]
- Bicycle Day Cometh!!Everyone loves bicycle day, a 19-year tradition at […]
- Door Letter for October 1Door Letter Door Letter Door Letter October 1 to 5 […]
Nothing from July 19, 2019 to July 26, 2019.